6 Fernwood Court, Richmond Hill
Send Listing to Phone
Scan this code with your Mobile Phone to visit the mobile version of this page
Detached HouseENTIRELY RENOVATED RICHMOND HILL HOME (4 TO 5,000 Sq.Ft.), 3 CAR GARAGE, ALMOST 1/3 ACRE
This beautiful upscale executive home is situated in an exclusive circle court of only six luxury high-end homes on a quiet circular court in the heart of Richmond Hill. This home is located in the prestigious Lower Bayview Hill neighborhood with almost exclusively high-end homes. It is located near Richmond Hill`s best schools (International Baccalaureate®), parks, restaurants, cafes, GO Train station, tennis courts, a ski club, golf courses and riverside walking trails - all within walking distance or a short drive.
It is 4,000 to 5,000 square feet and has 6 bedrooms (4 bedrooms upstairs plus 2 nanny suites downstairs) and 7 bathrooms. It is one of the only remaining acreages in Richmond Hill, with a lot size of almost one-third of an acre (82` frontage by 203` deep). It has a long interlocking brick driveway that has enough room for 10 parking spots and a large attached 3-car garage for a total of 13 parking spots. A great choice for an executive, growing family, extended family or for an investor.
The open concept design, skylights and high ceilings give this home a very bright, spacious and open ambiance. Over 16-foot high ceiling in the front foyer and up to 11-foot high vaulted ceilings in the kitchen, office and sun room. The central princess staircase and circular landing in the foyer provide a dramatic entry to the home. The view through almost every window includes extensive tree coverage, giving you the feeling of living in the middle of a forest.
The brand-new oversized white kitchen is a chef`s dream with a beverage/coffee centre and a large kitchen island with a second sink. It comes complete with a full set of high-end stainless-steel Bosch appliances (800 Series). The main cooking area has built-in double ovens, a 36” gas cooktop and lots of open counter space to enable a few chefs to share in the joy of cooking. The beverage/coffee centre has two built-in appliance cupboards to store and conceal all of your small appliances. It also has a built-in wine, beverage or combination wine/beverage fridge.
Stunning chandeliers and 65 new energy efficient LED pot lights throughout the home provide lots of light. There is also an oversized laundry room with large new white cabinets and a quartz counter top with a large clothing folding area.
The huge master bedroom has double French doors and double “his and hers” walk-in closets. It has an oversized fully renovated 5-piece en suite bathroom with double sinks, quartz countertops, toilet, walk-in glass shower stall and standalone white bathtub.
The basement is completely finished and contains a large entertainment room, second kitchen, bathroom and a wood-burning fireplace (convertible to gas). The basement also has two totally private nanny apartments, each with their own bedroom, living room and full private en suite bathroom. The basement has two entrances, one from the garage via a service staircase and another walk-up exterior door entrance. It has several oversized above-grade windows throughout, providing a very bright environment. Great potential for rental income.
This home contains all brand-new flooring throughout the entire house with the highest quality materials. 3/4” engineered hardwood flooring with 6” wide planks are installed on the main level and bedroom level, and durable 7” wide vinyl planks (matching colour) are installed throughout the basement. Front foyer, laundry room and all 7 bathrooms have new oversized porcelain floor and wall tiles, up to 6` by 3` in size.
….. or optional paragraph to replace the one above:
This home contains all brand-new flooring throughout the entire house with the highest quality materials. Hardwood flooring 6” wide planks are installed on the main level and bedroom level, and 7” wide planks (matching colour) are installed throughout the basement. Front foyer, laundry room and all 7 bathrooms have new oversized porcelain floor and wall tiles, up to 6` by 3` in size.
The large backyard oasis is surrounded by trees. It is very private without any view of the neighbours` backyards. It also has an optional low-maintenance salt water underground swimming pool, with solar panels that heat up the pool to eliminate high gas or electric costs. A large patterned concrete deck in the backyard provides an ideal environment for barbecues and entertaining.
Here are the detailed specifications:
* 6 bedrooms (4+2)
* 7 bathrooms
* 2 kitchens
* 3 fireplaces
* 2 skylights
* 4,000 to 5,000 square feet on the two main levels (almost 7,000 square feet including the basement)
* Kitchen comes with all new high-end “800 Series” Bosch appliances, including counter-depth fridge, built-in double ovens, gas cooktop (convertible to electric or induction), dishwasher and built-in convection microwave, as well as a beverage/wine fridge
* Kitchen also has 3 corner glass cabinets, pull-out garbage/recycling drawers, pot drawers, 3 lazy-Susan-type corner shelving units, frosted glass beverage/coffee centre with hideaway doors, etc.
* Kitchen has double the number of drawers and shelves of a typical kitchen
* “Great room” has a gas fireplace and is large enough for two sitting areas, large piano and even a pool table
* Large dining room could seat up to 24 people
* Private main floor office with French doors, gas fireplace, skylight and bay window
* Bright sun room with lots of windows surrounded by trees
* Entirely new staircases with updated metal pickets
* Brand new windows throughout
* Upgraded ethernet wiring infrastructure for better Internet Wi-Fi signals throughout the house
* Central vacuum cleaner
* Three new garage doors, casings and garage door openers
* This home has a great natural energy efficiency to lower your costs because it is surrounded by 30` high deciduous trees to the south that block the heat in the summer, but allow the sunlight to reach the home in the winter after the leaves have fallen
* Monthly warranty available for both the furnace and air conditioner
* Save money by buying directly from the owner/builder, no realtor fees
* Financing available without requiring qualification under the new stress test rules (conversion from Bitcoin accepted)
* Optional large bedroom and full bathroom on the main level would allow someone with mobility issues to avoid needing to use any stairs (now or in the future)
* This home has great “feng shui” which may be important to you, but if not, it is still important to consider for the future resale value of the home to a potential Chinese buyer. Positive feng shui in this home includes:
- A circular court directly in front of the home (the round shape in feng shui promotes the energy of clarity, unity, perfection, completeness and equality in the home)
- Address number is “6” which is considered to be lucky for Chinese buyers (六 sounds like 流 (liú) which means "flow" in Chinese)
- Lots of natural light (two large skylights and many large windows) promotes chi, a positive life energy
- A well-lit home (~65 pot lights and bright chandeliers) promotes a successful career
- A large visible address on the front of the house (for clarity)
- All new doors and new door hardware (representing new life opportunities)
- Pairs of objects (e.g., two skylights, two sinks, two ovens, two double French doors, two kitchens, two master bedroom walk-in closets) promote happy relationships
- The reading nook in the library promotes acquiring knowledge
- The open concept design avoids negative feng shui attributes such as walls that block the flow of energy
- The back door was even moved to ensure there was no direct line of sight from the front door to the back door which is bad feng shui
- Feng shui suggests that the same life energy (qi) that animates you, also flows through your home
- This home has a great balance of the five elements of feng shui (earth, wood, fire, water, and metal) to promote prosperity and good health
* The price of this home peaked at about $3,700,000 prior to the drop in prices in 2017/2018
* The price of this home is now $2,888,000 Canadian dollars.
The home is still being renovated so I don´t have interior pictures yet, but I have included a picture of the front of the house as well as some of the preliminary kitchen design drawings. Depending upon when you purchase this home, you may still be able to choose some of the final finishings such as the quartz countertops, fireplace finishings, door knobs, chandeliers and/or bedroom/bathroom lights.
Let me know if you have any questions.
(PS. If instead you are looking for a home in the $1.5 to $1.7 million-dollar range, ask about our 3 to 5 bedroom townhomes in historic Thornhill with a central Yonge Street location.)
You just found your dream home! If you have any questions, feel free to call or text me anytime:
Tom at +1-416-436-8431.
(Please NO CALLS from agents.)
Size: 0 sq. ft.
Air Conditioning: Yes
Pool: Yes, optional pool
Hot Tub: Overflow tub
Basement: Fully finished
School District: York Region, Richmond Hill
Age of Building: ~28 years old
I want more info on this property
Enter your email below to request information on this property